Reopening Early June! We will be calling soon to book appointments.
We all hope that you and your families are safe and in good health.
Our community, our country and the world at large has been through a lot over the last several months. As the weeks have gone by, we are all anxiously looking forward to resuming many of our normal habits and routines. We are all looking forward to reconnecting with you and resuming the work we all enjoy so much.
While a lot has changed, one thing that has not changed is our commitment to your health and safety. Our office follows the infection control recommendations of the Canadian Dental Association, The College of Dental Surgeons of BC, the BC Centre for Disease Control as well as WorkSafe BC. We are committed to ensuring that our infection control procedures remain current and effective.
While the office has been shut down during this Covid 19 pandemic, we have continued to serve our patients by treating dental emergencies in office after rigorous screening as well as doing consultations over the phone.
You will see some new processes in place when it is time for your next appointment. Please be assured that all these changes have been made to help protect the health and safety of our patients and staff. For example:
- You will be asked screening questions both before your appointment and when you arrive in the office.
- You will be asked to wash your hands with soap and water or use the hand sanitizer we will have available as soon as you enter the office.
- The receptionists will be wearing surgical uniforms and masks and will take your temperature on arrival.
- You will notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys or the hot beverage service because these are high touch items and are difficult to clean.
- Scheduling options will likely be less flexible for your appointments to allow for physical distancing between patients.
- Our office has always had high levels of infection control and with extreme caution, appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment and training in implementing all of these measures we have always been successful in preventing disease transmission.
- We have also taken significant new steps to increase everyone’s safety such as Plexiglass screens at the front desk, airflow control in the treatment rooms, physical distancing in the waiting area and additional Personal Protective Equipment.
Until we see you again, enjoy your time with your families, the late mornings, the time to do those projects around the house and the daily walks in our gorgeous city. Thank you for your patience, understanding and loyalty during this strange time. There is light at the end of the tunnel and we will get there soon.
Dr Pessinis and Staff